FCCLA - Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
10/28/2013 4:00 PM
Kentucky FCCLA State Adviser
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is incorporated as a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young women and men in Family and Consumer Sciences education, as determined by the state department of education, in public and private schools through grade 12. It is open to students of all races and religious beliefs. Organized instruction relating to the mission is part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education program in schools.
The purposes of the organization shall be as follows:
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunity for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
The mission of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple Roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development; creative and critical thinking; interpersonal communications; practical knowledge; and career preparation.
State Service Project: Military Families
National Service Project: No Kid Hungry - Share Our Strength
Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.