- Writing is fundamental to learning in all subject areas and at all grade levels. Summer Institutes therefore involve teachers from all disciplines and levels of instruction, primary through university.
- As the process of writing can best be understood by engaging in this process, teachers of writing should write.
- Teachers are the best teachers of teachers; successful practicing teachers have greater credibility with their colleagues than outside experts.
- Real change in classroom practice happens over time. Working as partners, universities and schools can articulate and promote effective school reform.
- Effective professional development programs are on-going and systematic, bringing teachers together regularly throughout their careers to examine successful practices and new developments (NWP, 1998).
National Writing Project
Purchase Area Writing Project (Murray State University)
Western Kentucky University Writing Project
Louisville Writing Project (University of Louisville)
Northern Kentucky Writing Project (Northern Kentucky University)
Eastern Kentucky University Writing Project
Morehead Writing Project (Morehead State University)
Mountain Writing Project (Eastern Kentucky University and Hazard Community & Technical College)