Substitutions will be considered by the State Textbook Commission during the first meeting of each calendar year.
704 KAR 3:455 section 10
• A request to substitute revised editions of items under contract shall be considered at the first regular meeting of the calendar year of the State Textbook Commission.
• Substitutions shall not be permitted for items to be used the last year of a contract.
• The vendor shall agree to supply either the listed item or the substituted item in accordance with the local school district's request.
• The revised edition shall be at the same price at which the item was bid and the content shall be compatible for use with the old edition.
• The physical materials and workmanship of the revised edition shall be of equal or better quality than the older edition. Submit Forms B and/or M as applicable for the items being substituted.
• Ancillary materials for a substituted textbook or program shall be available at the time the vendor submits substitution request.
Submissions should be made to:
Kentucky Department of Education
Division of Program Standards
500 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40601