Local school districts are audited annually by independent certified public accountants (CPA's). The results of the audits can be reviewed on this webpage.
NEW! 2014 KDE School District Audit Training
The FY2014 KDE School District Audit Training’s PowerPoints and other training materials are provided below along with a frequently asked audit training questions document:
- Sue Bartenfield, KDEGeneral Federal Program Compliance
– Thelma Hawkins, KDESchool District Accounting Issues
– Susan Barkley, KDEInternal Controls
– Susan Barkley, KDERedbook Most Wanted
– Susan Barkley, KDEAPA School District Examinations
– Libby Carlin, APAKDE School District Audits and Examinations
- David Pitts, APAMUNIS Reports for Auditors
– Sheila Miller, KDE; Gertrude Smith, Knox Co. Schools; & Marla Carnes, Russell Co. Schools
Information regarding the Kentucky Department of Education's review of those audit reports, frequently asked audit questions and important audit information for school districts, and Entity Wide Statements PowerPoint and template are located here.
Please click on the "+" sign to open the listing.