Local school districts are audited annually by independent certified public accountants (CPA's). The results of the audits can be reviewed on this webpage.
2015 KDE Financial Reporting & Auditing Workshops
The workshop agendas are listed below.
Agenda Auditor Training June 2015 Agenda Finance Officer Training June 2015
The FY2015 KDE Financial Reporting & Auditing Workshops’ PowerPoints and other training materials are provided below: GASB Standards
– Steve Lyles, KDECommon Errors
– LaTonya Bell, KDEFinancial Reporting
– Chay Ritter, KDEUnmet Need & Additional Nickels
– Chay Ritter, KDEMUNIS Reports
- Nick Clark, Anderson Co. Schools, Eddie Muns, Jefferson Co. Schools; Gertrude Smith, Knox Co. Schools; & Steve Lyles, KDEAPA School District Examinations
– David Pitts, APAKDE School District Audits and Examinations
– David Pitts, APARedbook
– Steve Lyles, KDEFederal Program Compliance Issues-Food Service
– Valerie Crouch, KDEFederal Program Compliance Issues-Title Programs
– Ken Greene, KDEState Grants Compliance Issues-Auditor Training
– Karen Wirth, KDEState Grants Compliance Issues-Finance Officer Training
– Karen Wirth, KDEProcurement-Auditor Training
– Charles Harman, KDE Procurement-Finance Officer Training
– Charles Harman & Tom Stratton, KDEPension Spiking
– Steve Lyles
Information regarding the Kentucky Department of Education's review of the districts' audit reports, frequently asked audit questions and important audit information for school districts, and Entity Wide Statements PowerPoint and template are located here.
The Kentucky school districts’ FY2014 Audit Reports are located below under the "+Title: Financial Audits" section. Access the reports by clicking on the "+" in front of "Title: Financial Audits", clicking the arrow behind the "1-1000", and then clicking the "+" in front of "Title: Financial Audits".
For more information contact:
Office of Administration and Support
Division of District Support
500 Mero Street, 15th Floor CPT
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-564-3846 x4418