Microsoft Exchange email Service runs on the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 platform and provides customers with access to email, calendar, attachments, contacts, and more.
Exchange email Services include:
- Integrated email and calendar function
- Global Address List (GAL)
- Statewide Distribution Lists
- Disaster recovery/Business Continuity infrastructure
- Internet browser access for email and administration functions (Outlook Web Access OWA)
- Centralized and personal address books
- Folder creation and management for messages
- Native file format attachments, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Support for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
- Meeting scheduling for individuals, groups and other required resources
- PDA/mobile device wireless synchronization via ActiveSync
- Distribution List Services
Email Protection Services include:
- Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services provides comprehensive virus scanning and SPAM filtering for inbound email messages (messages coming into our network via the internet).
- Internet Email Policy Management allows school districts to manage their own email policies.
Hours of Availability
This service is available to customers 24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for scheduled changes that have been implemented through the KDE Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard maintenance windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
Standard maintenance windows are defined as:
12:01 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. each Sunday
Maintain your email per your organization's retention schedules and policies
Compress/zip large attachments before sending them
Refrain from forwarding large files to multiple users if possible
Adhere to acceptable use policies
Return to KIDS Service Catalog Guide Main Page