Training and Professional Learning
11/18/2013 10:50 AM
Success connecting and collaborating using the Office 365 for Education tools relies on participation and adoption. This training plan is comprised of two different models and focuses on offering many experiences as people will take advantage of. You can take a peak at the plan here
, which may prove to be helpful as you are planning training in your school or district.
There are two training models - A Synchronous model where participants have the opportunity to be in a live scheduled environment working directly with a trainer (either face to face or digitally) and an Asynchronous model where participants have an opportunity to get training and information as needed (when trying to complete a specific self-paced task). We could also refer to this as a blended approach to professional learning. The specific identified approaches, events, and strategies will continue to be developed and fine-tuned. The overall goal is to offer as many different opportunities and experiences as needed by different types or users and learners.
New: Guidance for Lync Meeting Organizers
Live & Scheduled:
- Coaching Sessions – Designed as short “How To” or introductory sessions, focused on small groups of leadership, teacher/student, and trainer participants. These will be scheduled events, but can also be requested by sending an email to the Office 365 team. These sessions are great as a follow up to Learning Labs. Coaching sessions are currently being planned for several state-wide conferences.
- Learning Labs – Designed as more in depth “train the trainer” or capacity building sessions. These are the traditional face 2 face sessions most are used to. Three sessions being scheduled in Kentucky, which will be open for “first come, first serve.” If proven valuable, more sessions will be scheduled. Participants must register for most learning lab events. Learning labs are also great at conferences or regional meetings.
- February 2013 Learning Lab Registration (completed - 4 locations)
- April 2013 Learning Lab Registration (completed - 4 locations)
Office 365 Thursday's | Office Hours - These sessions are only offered digitally, and are scheduled around specific integration topics or features of the Office 365 products. These sessions can also be recorded and archived for later viewing and generally designed as 30-minute sessions, with 15 minute Q/A. (A sample topic will be: “Lync Online for Blended Learning: Get Flipped”). Click on above hyperlink for more detail.
- Video based/ Screen Casts – Archived videos for instructional integration scenarios, as well as tool “How to” training.
- Helpful Documents – DOG, Readiness Guide, Quick Start Guides, and FAQs
- Partners In Learning (PIL) Network – The PIL Network from Microsoft is published by educators for educators. Office 365 and Lync classroom scenarios are featured on the site.
*Stay tuned for additional information and postings on this page pertaining to dates and scheduled training events.