Information for administrators and AP coordinators, including test fee information, resources for your AP program, and other helpful information.
Critical Information, Resources, and Announcements
The United States Department of Education will provide funding to reduce the cost of AP exams for low-income students. Please see the latest update for the 2014 exam administration cost for students eligible for free/reduced lunch.
A student is eligible for the AP Exam Fee Waiver if the student: 1) qualifies for free or reduced lunch, AND 2) was enrolled in the AP class for the 2013-2014 school year.
What the school must do:
- Fill in the "Option 1" oval on qualifying students' AP Exam answer sheets.
- When generating your invoice online, enter the total number of exams (not students) that qualify for the fee reduction.
- Maintain a list of students who qualify for the AP Exam Fee Waiver; record each individual exam that the student is taking. Ensure that each student is eligible for free or reduced lunch, and was enrolled in the corresponding AP class(es). This list must be kept on file in the event that KDE would be audited.
- Complete the form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014APTestFee.
- The College Board will bill KDE directly for qualifying students' AP Exam fees.
- For more information, contact Amy Patterson, Kentucky Department of Education, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort, KY 40601; firstname.lastname@example.org; (502) 564-4970, ext. 4513.