Information for administrators and AP coordinators, including test fee information, resources for your AP program, and other helpful information.
Guidance for Entering AP Courses in IC
2013 AP Documentation Form
Critical Information, Resources, and Announcements
The United States Department of Education will provide funding to reduce the cost of AP exams for low-income students. Due to budget cuts, this federal grant will allow the state to provide funding to cover all but $10 per exam.
Below is a breakdown of the AP Exam fee for low-income students in 2013:
- Student Contribution: $10
- Federal Subsidy: $45
- College Board Fee Reduction: $26
- College Board Exam Rebate (Waived for Low-Income Students): $8
- Total Exam Fee: $89
Final AP Exam fee for qualifying students: $10
A student is eligible for the AP Exam Fee Waiver if the student: 1) qualifies for free or reduced lunch, AND 2) was enrolled in the AP class for the 2012-2013 school year.
What the school must do:
- Fill in the "Option 1" oval on qualifying students' AP Exam answer sheets.
- When generating your invoice online, enter the total number of exams (not students) that qualify for the fee reduction.
- Maintain a list of students who qualify for the AP Exam Fee Waiver; record each individual exam that the student is taking. Ensure that each student is eligible for free or reduced lunch, and was enrolled in the corresponding AP class(es). This list must be kept on file in the event that KDE would be audited.
- Complete the attached form verifying each of the items. Then provide electronic signatures of the AP Coordinator and Principal of your school. Email this form to Amy Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2013.
- All public high schools in Kentucky will collect NO MORE THAN $10 in AP Exam fees for each exam from students qualifying for the College Board fee reduction. The AP Coordinator must submit the attached form completed by your school/district, signed electronically by AP Coordinator and Principal. The College Board will bill KDE directly for qualifying students' AP Exam fees.
- For more information, contact Amy Patterson, Kentucky Department of Education, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort, KY 40601; email@example.com; (502) 564-4970, ext. 4513.
College Board Resources