KDE is currently looking for model KSI/RtI sites.
We have developed criteria that will be used to determine the sites that will be chosen for consideration. If you are interested in becoming a model site, contact April Pieper for additional information.
List of RTI Model Sites
View the criteria document here.
The criteria are:
- School implementation team has been established and meets regularly to discuss student data, allocate/evaluate resources, establish/review decision-making rules, and evaluate/review master schedule.
- All school staff has a proficient understanding of the system of interventions process and understands their place within the framework.
- All student intervention plans are developed with all relevant stakeholders; including the student. The student goals are established and frequently reviewed. All necessary documentation is available for review.
- Student interventions are established to meet individual student needs, student progress is monitored regularly, and data is shared with the necessary stakeholders.
- Student movement between and among the tiers of intervention is flexible, based on data, and decided by a student intervention team.
- There is evidence of fidelity to the intervention process.
- Use a universal screener to indicate students that may need additional evaluation.
- Use a diagnostic assessment to further assess students to identify specific areas of strength and weakness.
- Have multiple forms of data that are used to make decisions that are specific to each student.
- School staff collaborate on a regular base to ensure student goals are being addressed, to maintain consistency in instruction, etc.