During the 2014-15 school year, preschool pilot teachers will be evaluated using the TPGES system with guidance that is relevant to early childhood development and aligned with preschool regulations and Kentucky’s Early Childhood Standards. See below for more information about pilot participation and requirements.
2014-15 Pilot Requirements
Districts - All districts are required to participate in the PGES preschool pilot and should identify at least one teacher who meets the requirements. Districts are exempt from participating if they do not have a teacher who meets the participant requirements. Districts may choose to select more than one participant.
Schools- Schools that have teachers participating in the PGES preschool pilot will also have principals/assistant principals (or preschool coordinators, if this is district policy) participating as primary evaluators.
Preschool Teacher Categories
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE) Certification- certified position
- K-6 or P-5 certification with letter of exemption from the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB)- certified position
- Special Education certification (K-12) with EPSB letter of exemption- certified position
- Child Development degree with EPSB letter of exemption- classified position
- Preschool Associate Teacher (Child Development Associate or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education-classified position)
- Must meet Kentucky preschool teacher qualifications (704 KAR 3:410, 16 KAR 2:040, 16 KAR 2:140, 704 KAR 3:420)
- Must be tenured
- Must not be in a summative year
Sources of Evidence for Preschool Teachers
- Professional Growth Plan
- Peer Observer
- Student Growth Goal