Valid KOSSA and Industry Certifications for College/Career Readiness
7/18/2017 9:10 AM
The College/Career Readiness Rate depends on ACT scores, college placement scores and, for the Career component, Industry Certificates, KOSSA, WorkKeys and ASVAB. Industry Certificates for Career Pathways are reviewed and updated on an annual basis so that Career and Technical Education programs will know what Industry Certificates are approved for inclusion in the High School Graduate College/Career Readiness Percentage. Industry Certificate data must be reported in the Technical Education Database System (TEDS).
Industry Certification Additions Form
Industry shareholders, schools, groups, or persons wishing to have a new Industry Certification added to the valid list must complete this form before October 1 in order for eligibility consideration in the following school year.
The process for the annual review and publication of newly suggested Industry Certifications is as follows:
- Industry Certification Addition Form accepted by OCTE through October 1 for next academic year.
- Fall meeting of Program Business & Industry Advisory Task Force provides counsel for additions and removals.
- The Office of Career and Technical Education presents the Valid Industry Certification list to the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board (KWIB) during the February Board meeting.
- The KWIB reviews and approves the Valid Industry Certification list for the following academic year.
- Contact is made to the original form submitter with notice of acceptance or justification for non-approval.
- The Valid Industry Certification list is published by June 1 on the KDE website.