The mission of the Strategic Planning and Research Team is to comprehensively understand how well KDE is performing on all strategic initiatives through the use of evidence by coordinating with internal and external partners and analyzing data.
In coordination with the Kentucky Board of Education (KBE), Commissioner Glass had established the following five goals:
- Build positive working relationships and obtain feedback from education policymakers, KDE staff, practitioners and education policy/advocacy groups.
- Lead a statewide initiative to achieve consensus on the future of education.
- Work with legislators and the Governor's Office to secure passage of legislation aligned with the KBE/KDE legislative agenda.
- Expand KDE's supports and dissemination of resources aligned with the KBE's resolution on anti-racism and equity.
- Provide transparent reporting of PreK-20 indicators and long-range goals related to student outcomes, the educator workforce (including the diversity of the teacher workforce) and student