ELA Intervention Resources for Students with Special Needs
- Kentucky Autism Training Center - The mission of the Kentucky Autism Training Center is to strengthen the state’s systems of support for persons affected by autism. KATC is committed to improving the quality of life for those affected by ASD by providing training and resources to families and professionals.
Learning and Attention Issues
- The Educational Implications of ADD/ADHD - Sponsored in partnership with the National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities, this site shares general information about ADD/ ADHD and suggestions for assisting students who struggle in this area in the school setting.
General Resources for Children with Areas of Learning Need
- Council for Exceptional Children - This website is the voice and vision of special education. Type “progress monitoring” in the search box and various articles about academic and behavior progress monitoring in can be found.
- Intervention Central - Intervention Central provides teachers, schools and district with free academic and behavior resources to help struggling learners and implement Response to Intervention and attain the Common Core State Standards.
- The Iris Center - Free online interactive resources that translate research about the education of students with disabilities into practice. Materials cover a wide variety of evidence based topics, including behavior, RtI, learning strategies, and progress monitoring.
- Ultimate Guide to Reading Comprehension - Resources, tools and test preparation for students who struggle with reading comprehension
- Reading Rockets Teaching Kids to Read and Helping Those Who Struggle - A multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- The National Center for Learning Disabilities - The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) team envisions a society in which every individual who struggles to learn possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.