ELA Intervention Resources for High School
- Pre-Referral Intervention Manual (3rd edition): The Most Common Learning and Behavior Problems Encountered in the Educational Environment by Stephen B. McCarney. Hawthorne Educational Services, Inc. - This book provides a wealth of intervention ideas based on the learning/behavior concerns for improvement. The table of contents organizes the student learning/behavior and provides twenty-six strategies to try with the student to assist with that specific learning/behavior.
- Visible Learning for Literacy: Implementing the Practices that Work Best to Accelerate Student Learning by Fisher, Douglas, Frey, Nancy and Hattie, John. Based on Hattie's 15 years of research, these high yield practices for literacy are discussed, their purpose made clear.
- Vocab Rehab: How Do I Teach Vocabulary Effectively With Limited Time? by Marliee Sprenger. This book features easy-to-implement, ten minute instructional strategies that can help teachers ensure their students have a sound grasp of both general and content-specific words across grade levels and subject areas.
- Building RtI Capacity - This website features RtI-related information and resources, including short podcasts and videos: professional development modules and presentations; and tools for conducting needs assessments, planning activities and professional development for students K-12 in reading, math and behavior.
- Council for Exceptional Children - This website is the voice and vision of special education. Type “progress monitoring” in the search box and various articles about academic and behavior progress monitoring in can be found.
- RTI Action Network - An orientation to RtI in secondary settings.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.