Intervention Resources for Preschool
Web Based Resources
- Council for Exceptional Children - This website is the voice and vision of special education. Type “progress monitoring” in the search box and various articles about academic and behavior progress monitoring in can be found.
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center - The first link is to the ECTAC home page which will allow you to search the entire site. The following three links are to pages for specific intervention topics.
- Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute- This webisite has current research and resources on early childhood RTI.
- Kentucky Autism Training Center - The mission of the Kentucky Autism Training Center is to strengthen the state’s systems of support for persons affected by autism. KATC is committed to improving the quality of life for those affected by ASD by providing training and resources to families and professionals.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - NAYEC is the world’s largest organization working on the behalf of young children. Their website includes a vast array of resources for working with children birth through eight years old.
- RTI Action Network - The RTI Action Network is dedicated to the effective implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI) in school districts nationwide. The RTI Action Network’s goal is to guide educators and families in the large-scale implementation of RTI so that each child has access to quality instruction and that struggling students – including those with learning disabilities – are identified early and receive the necessary supports to be successful. The RTI Action Network is a program of the National Center for Learning Disabilities, funded by the Cisco Foundation and in partnership with the nation’s leading education associations and top RTI experts.
How Very Young Children Explore Writing by Marie M. Clay - A book for parents and early childhood teachers that explores the writing attempts of preschool children.
What Works, An Introductory Teacher Guide for Early Language and Emergent Literacy Instruction based on the National Early Literacy Panel Report (NELP, 2008) - This guide describes ways teachers can use the research effectively for early childhood instruction, assessment, choosing curriculum, and helping parents better support their young children’s language and literacy learning.
Challenging Behavior in Young Children; Understanding, Preventing and Responding Effectively by B. Kaiser and J.S. Rasminsky