The Pupil Transportation Training Program currently has 639 state certified driver training instructors who are responsible for training approximately 10,240 certified school bus drivers statewide.
All driver trainers are required to complete an initial 5-day certification course and an 6-hour annual update training. Kentucky is nationally recognized for its driver training with many states modeling our program. (KDE does not charge a fee for training.)
2021 Six Hour Update Schedule for Driver Trainers
Driver Trainer Workshop Registration
2021 DRIVER TRAINER INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOP REGISTRATION LINKS
There is a strict limit of 4 trainees per district for the year.
All registrants must have:
· A minimum of 2 years bus experience
· Be recommended for training by their district Transportation Director
· A valid CDL class A or B licensed with both a P and S endorsement
· A current CDL Medical Examiner's Certificate (referred to as the DOT Card)
· Registered as a user for KDE Web Applications (contact your local district WAAPOC)
· All required materials (listed on the KDE website) printed and brought to the first class on Tuesday
If you have any questions, contact Joe Shepherd at 502-564-5279 Ext. 4411 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org