The Alternate K-PREP is the assessment provided to Kentucky students with the most severe cognitive disabilities. The resources below provide assistance to teachers and administrators who support students participating in the alternate assessment.
The Kentucky Low Incidence Consultants from the regional special education cooperatives, in partnership with consultants from the Literacy and Math Task groups and input from KDE Consultants developed a Kentucky Academic Standards - Alternate Assessment Targets instructional resources site. The focus is to provide instructional resources and supports for teachers and administrators who support students participating in the state alternate assessment. The site includes:
- KDE website for Alternate K-PREP
- Kentucky Alternate Assessment Program Online Training System (OTS) (to access teacher trainings, teacher quizzes, student data base, and manuals)
- Kentucky Academic Standards - Alternate Assessment Targets Release PPT with updates from Kevin O'Hair for Alternate Assessment Targets (May 2020 )
- Online Overview KAS Alternate Assessment Targets Training (June 2020)
- Kentucky Academic Standards - AA Targets Progressions Document (September 2020)
- Kentucky Academic Standards - AA Targets Progressions at a Glance (September 2020)