Overview of Transportation Education
The vision of Kentucky Transportation Education is to promote safety standards and performance standards, enhance leadership, provide relevant curriculum, and to be vital to the education of all students.
Kentucky Transportation Education will:
- Operate as the center for nationally recognized industry standard training.
- Promote a critical link in school to employment or postsecondary education.
- Develop stronger relationships with the community in terms of mutual advocacy, cooperative field experiences, employment placement, and support for relevant student organizations and competitions.
- Represent an important component in the education of all students.
- Require and promote critical thinking and problem solving.
- Offer an up to date curriculum based on standards that adapts to changes in the industry.
- Integrate academic skills into the Transportation Education Curriculum in order to insure that students develop written and verbal communications skills, computational skills, and scientific/math problem-solving skills.