Our mission is to provide guidance and assistance to Kentucky Alternative Education programs and ensure continuous improvement in instruction, practices and curriculum to help all Kentucky students to be college and career ready.
The goals for Alternative Education Programs are as shown below:
- Provide support services, technical assistance and resources to ensure state regulations are implemented
- Collect and analyze data for the purpose of continuous school improvement
- Collect evidence of best practices and research-based instructional methods
- Ensure all students have equitable access to district resources and qualified teachers
- Review the program and district’s policies and procedures to ensure a successful transition from alternative programs to transferring schools