Data Requests

Published: 6/11/2014 8:22 AM


Before beginning the data request process, all requesters are expected to check public data repositories to see if the data may already be available. 

  • Open House is a one-stop-shop for Kentucky’s public education data.
  • School Report Card provides detailed information (including downloadable datasets) about each school and district, including test performance, teacher qualifications, student safety, awards, parent involvement and much more.
  • Kentucky Center for Education & Workforce Statistics (KCEWS) provides a statewide longitudinal data system, responds to requests for data and information, and provides reports on a number of topical areas. 
  • National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing education data. NCES provides numerous publications and statistics to serve the research, education and other interested communities.


 Multi-Step Data Request Process  


  1. Complete the KDE Data Request form and submit through the mailbox. 
  2. If the request is approved, KDE personnel may request supplemental information.
  3. If the request includes personally identifiable information (PII), it must be sponsored by a KDE associate commissioner and a fully executed memorandum of understanding (MOU) will be required. The KDE approved MOU templates are provided in the  Forms and Templates section on this page. 
  4. KDE will consider each request on a case by case basis. Decisions are based on many factors including alignment of the research with the department's research plan and availability of staff resources.
  5. Requests to modify an approved data request begin with submittal of the Data Request form. Indicate that the request is for a modification. Depending on the nature of the changes, an amendment to the MOU may be required.
DeDe Conner
Office of Knowledge, Information and Data Services
Division of Enterprise Data
500 Mero Street, 5th Floor CPT
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-2020 ext. 2208
Fax (502) 564-1519