In Dual Credit, a student is enrolled in a course which allows him/her to earn high school credit and college credit simultaneously. This course may be taught on a college campus or on a high school campus, but it will be in conjunction with a college or university.
Dual Credit Regional Training Sessions
Dual Credit Regional Training Sessions are coming to a location near you. Join us to learn more about implementation of dual credit programming in your school or district alongside partners from your region. Leave this session ready to make decisions about course offerings for the coming year and forge new partnerships with your postsecondary partners.
This training will allow participants to take an in-depth look at many topics related to dual credit, including:
- Evaluating dual credit options for the district,
- Establishing goals and setting priorities in programming,
- Ensuring teacher credentialing and supporting increased capacity, and
- Evaluating your district's dual credit programming (accessibility, quality of instructional programming, transferability of credit, finance)
Appropriate audiences for the training are Guidance Counselors, High School Principals, Instructional Supervisors, Superintendents, and other district decision makers involved with dual credit.
- November 2, 2016 Western Kentucky University, Knicely Center, Bowling Green, KY 9:00-3:00
- November 10, 2016 300 Building, 300 Sower Blvd. Frankfort, KY 9:00-3:00
- November 14, 2016 Carter Caves State Park, Olive Hill, KY, 10:00-4:00
- November 16, 2016 Jenny Wiley State Park, Prestonsburg, KY 10:00-4:00
- November 21, 2016 Natural Bridge State Park, Slade, KY 9:00-3:00
- November 18, 2016 300 Building, 300 Sower Blvd. Frankfort, KY 9:00-3:00
- November 30, 2016 Western Kentucky Community and Technical Center 8:00-noon
Join us by registering here
. There is no cost to attend this free workshop.
Dual Credit Videos
Click on the images below to view the videos.
Dual Credit Scholarship Webinar
Dual Credit Scholarship (DCS) Data Requirements