Bridging the gap when school is not in session, more than 2,700 sites in Kentucky provide nearly 3 million breakfasts, lunches, snacks and suppers annually through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for children. For program information visit the USDA Summer Food Service Program website
and the KY Kids Eat website
Get Involved in the Summer Food Service Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed children in your community! What works best for you? Getting involved in Kentucky’s Summer Food Service Program can mean serving as a Sponsor, a meal Site, or as a volunteer. Next Step? Complete your contact information
The following waivers have been submitted for the operation of SFSP in Kentucky:
- SFSP Waiver Request
- Extension of Waiver to Allow Non-congregate Feeding in the SFSP Until Start of School
- Waiver Request Area Eligibility
- Waiver Request Meal Service Time Flexibility Until Start of School
- Waiver Request Parent Pick-Up Extension Until Start of School
- Waiver Request to Allow Flexibility for Breakfast Offer Vs Serve
For health departments completing health inspections at summer feeding sites please navigate to the Health Inspections Resources page.
For participating sponsors, please access all forms via SponsorNet and file your claim via CNIPS.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of School and Community Nutrition
2 Hudson Hollow Rd., Suite B
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-5625 Ext. 4933
Fax (502) 564-5519