Bridging the gap when
school is not in session, more than 2,000 meals sites across Kentucky provide
breakfasts, lunches, snacks and suppers each summer through the USDA Summer
Food Service Program (SFSP). For program information visit the USDA Summer Food Service Program website and the KY Kids Eat website.
Starting June 1, text the word “food” or “comida” to 304304 to locate a Summer Meal Site for children. When prompted by text, enter a specific address and a list of local meal sites will be provided.
Get Involved in the Summer Food Service Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed children in your community! What works best for you? Getting involved in Kentucky’s Summer Food Service Program can mean serving as a Sponsor, a meal Site, or as a volunteer. Next Step? Complete your contact information
The following waivers have been submitted for the operation of SFSP in Kentucky:
- Waiver Request SFSP Ethnic Racial Preaward Data
- Waiver Request of Onsite Monitoring Requirements for State Agencies
- Waiver Request to Allow Flexibility of School or Non-school Meal Sites During Unanticipated School Closure
- Waiver Requests related to SFSP 01-2019 SFSP Memoranda Rescission
- Waiver Requests SFSP FY 21-22 and School Meal Programs SY 22-23
- Waiver Request To Allow Meal Pattern Flexibility for SFSP FY 21-22
For health departments completing health inspections at summer feeding sites please navigate to the Health Inspections Resources page.
For participating sponsors, please access all forms via SponsorNet, file your claim via CNIPS and access current policy memos on the USDA FNS Policy Memos page.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of School and Community Nutrition
300 Sower Blvd., 5th floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-5625 Ext. 4933
Fax (502) 564-5519