Kentucky’s newly redesigned accountability system has students at its center—ensuring they are well-rounded, transition ready, prepared with the knowledge, skills, and essential dispositions to successfully pursue the pathway of their choice after graduating from high school, with an emphasis in providing students with opportunities in career and technical education. Additionally, the system moves away from a culture of competition among schools and districts, and away from a mentality of compliance in favor of a mindset that promotes continuous improvement.
The new system includes an intentional focus on improving low-performing students and closing the achievement gap between student groups. This promotes increased efforts at providing needed supports and rich learning experiences to historically overlooked, underperforming student groups such as minority ethnicities, students with disabilities, and English Learners. All indicators in the accountability system will be disaggregated and reported by student group if the group size is ten or above.
The system uses multiple academic and school quality measures, not a single test or indicator. An overall rating for each school and district will be determined by setting standards for low to high performance on seven indicators. Additional information will be publicly reported to provide a more complete (with academic and non-academic indicators) and transparent picture of education in Kentucky.
What Each Section Contains
- Detailed information on Kentucky’s accountability system indicators can be found in the Accountability area.
- To find information related to assessment administration, including District Assessment Coordinator (DAC) Monday E-Mails, visit Assessment Support.
- Information regarding each assessment is available from the Assessments page. This area will change based upon the current assessments. Some of the exams included in accountability are not on these pages but are specific to Career and Technical Education and can be found there.
- For technical manuals, dropout and graduation rate data, NAEP, and other reports and data sets, go to the Research and Reports area.
- Sample test items with annotations and support materials are available under Sample Test Items for K-PREP and End-of-Course.