This web page provides resources for SFSP sponsors and health departments for health inspections of SFSP sites.
Thanks to a contract between the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE), ALL health departments are eligible to receive reimbursements for health inspections of Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) summer feeding sites.
Per USDA, inspections are to be focused on non-school sites that have not had a completed inspection in the last 9 months. SFSP site sponsors should already be notifying their local Health Departments of sites and Health Departments should already be completing inspections of the non-school sites, leaving only the required inspection forms and invoices to be submitted to KDE in order to receive reimbursement for the inspections.
The USDA places a total funding limit for the amount of reimbursements allocated to Kentucky. In order to utilize the full funding alloted to Kentucky, KDE has elected to not set a defined reimbursement rate per health inspection. The rate per inspection will be determined at the end of the summer based on the total number of sites inspected. CHFS will distribute all funds at the end of the summer feeding season.
4 Easy Steps for Reimbursement
1. Print the Inspection Forms.
2. Review the list of approved sites and their operational times via the SFSP Current Site List below. The list of approved sites will be updated at a minimum of weekly throughout the summer as sites are added or changed.
3. Perform health inspections of non-school sites that have not been inspected in the last 9 months.
4. Submit completed forms and invoices to KDE. Inspection Forms and associated invoice should be sent monthly to KDE. Please send all completed forms and invoices to:
Kentucky Department of Education
Division of School and Community Nutrition
2 Hudson Hollow Rd., Suite B
Frankfort, KY 40601
Current Site List
SFSP Current Site List
- Address and contact information for all currently approved sites. It is a
requirement that health departments verify
the operational times of the sites before attempting an inspection.
Invoice Template - Invoices must be submitted by 9/28/2018. Click here for an example.
Inspection Form - Original Inspection Forms must accompany invoices.
Sponsors Reporting Sites to Local Health Departments