Bridging the gap when
school is not in session, more than 2,000 meals sites across Kentucky provide
breakfasts, lunches, snacks and suppers each summer through the USDA Summer
Food Service Program (SFSP). For program information visit the USDA Summer Food Service Program website and the KY Kids Eat website.
TEXT "Food" or "Comida" to 877877 to locate a Summer Meal Site for children. When prompted by text, enter a specific address and a list of local meal sites will be provided.
Get Involved in the Summer Food Service Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed children in your community! What works best for you? Getting involved in Kentucky’s Summer Food Service Program can mean serving as a Sponsor, a meal Site, or as a volunteer. Next Step? Complete your contact information
The following waivers have been submitted for the operation of SFSP in Kentucky:
- SFSP Waiver Request
- Extension of Waiver to Allow Non-congregate Feeding in the SFSP Until Start of School
- Waiver Request Area Eligibility
- Waiver Request Meal Service Time Flexibility Until Start of School
- Waiver Request Parent Pick-Up Extension Until Start of School
- Waiver Request to Allow Flexibility for Breakfast Offer Vs Serve
- KY Waiver Request for Monitoring and Oversight
For health departments completing health inspections at summer feeding sites please navigate to the Health Inspections Resources page.
For participating sponsors, please access all forms via SponsorNet, file your claim via CNIPS and access current policy memos on the USDA FNS Policy Memos page.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of School and Community Nutrition
2 Hudson Hollow Rd., Suite B
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-5625 Ext. 4933
Fax (502) 564-5519