Bridging the gap when school is not in session, more that 2,000 meal sites across Kentucky provide breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and suppers each summer through the USDA Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to children and teens age 18 and younger in low-income areas. For program information or to find a site near where you live, visit the USDA Summer Food Service Program website and the KY Kids Eat website.
When meals are being served in the summer, beginning June 1, Summer Meal Site information can be found by texting the word “food” or “comida” to 304304. When prompted by text, enter a specific address and a list of local meal sites will be provided.
Get Involved in the Summer Food Service Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed children in your community! Getting involved in Kentucky's Summer Food Service Program can mean serving as a Sponsor, a meal Site, or as a volunteer. What works best for you? For more details, enter your contact information An SFSP representative will contact you with next steps.
The following waivers have been submitted for the operation of SFSP in Kentucky:
- Waiver Request SFSP Ethnic Racial Preaward Data
- Waiver Request of Onsite Monitoring Requirements for State Agencies
- Waiver Request to Allow Flexibility of School or Non-school Meal Sites During Unanticipated School Closure
- Waiver Requests related to SFSP 01-2019 SFSP Memoranda Rescission
- Waiver Requests SFSP FY 21-22 and School Meal Programs SY 22-23
- Waiver Request To Allow Meal Pattern Flexibility for SFSP FY 21-22
- Waiver Request Non-Congregate Due to Excessive Heat Severe Thunderstorm or Tornado
For health departments completing health inspections at summer feeding sites please navigate to the Health Inspections Resources page.
For participating sponsors, please access all forms via SponsorNet, file your claim via CNIPS and access current policy memos on the USDA FNS Policy Memos page.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of School and Community Nutrition
300 Sower Blvd., 5th floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-5625 Ext. 4933
Fax (502) 564-5519