Bridging the gap when school is not in session, more than 2,700 sites in Kentucky provide nearly 3 million breakfasts, lunches, snacks and suppers annually through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for children. For program information visit the USDA Summer Food Service Program website
and click the KY Kids Eat
icon to the right.
Get Involved in the Summer Food Service Program!
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed children in your community! What works best for you? Getting involved in Kentucky’s Summer Food Service Program can mean serving as a Sponsor, a meal Site, or as a volunteer. Next Step? Complete your contact information
The following waivers have been submitted for the operation of SFSP in Kentucky:
- Closed Enrolled Sites
- Meal Time Restrictions
- Site Monitoring Requirements in the Summer Food Service Program
- OVS for non-SFA sponsors and SFA Sponsors Utilizing SFSP Meal Pattern
- SFA's in Good Standing First Week Site Visit
- First Week Visit Requirement for CACFP At-Risk and Centers in Good Standing
- SFSP and SSO Meals Served at School Sites on Days of Unanticipated School Closure
For health departments completing health inspections at summer feeding sites please navigate to the Health Inspections Resources page.
For participating sponsors, please access all forms via SponsorNet and file your claim via CNIPS.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of School and Community Nutrition
2 Hudson Hollow Rd., Suite B
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-5625 Ext. 4933
Fax (502) 564-5519