Standards (and Assessments) Review Process - To Occur Every Six Years
1. Committees formed: Review/Development Committee (RDC) and Advisory Panels (AP)
2. Public comments sought on standards (by third party)
3. APs consider comments and propose/recommend changes to the standards
4. RDC reviews APs recommendations and makes decision on moving forward
5. Public comments sought on recommended revisions (by third party)
6. APSs consider comments and finalize proposed revisions
7. RDC reviews final proposal
8. Standards presented to Interim Joint Committee on Education (IJCE)
9. Commissioner provides report to Standards/Assessment Process Review Committee (SAPRC)
10. SAPRC recommends proposed changes to Kentucky Board of Education (KBE)
11. KBE approves proposed changes and regulation change process commences
12. New standards implemented in all schools no later than second academic year following the process
Content Areas Timeline
A detailed timeline that includes important activities for all content areas.
A high level timeline that shows when each content area will be under revision and implemented through 2023.