- KPPA is the Kentucky Chapter of The Institute for Public Procurement (NIGP).
- KPPA was established in 1985.
- KPPA was officially chartered by The Institute for Public Procurement (NIGP) in 1990.
- Promote and encourage professional development and competence through continuing education.
- Promote cooperation and understanding among public agencies and officials.
- Provide a professional forum for the exchange of ideas, research, and experiences.
- Support and promote continuing improvements in the field of public procurement.
- Support the principles and concepts of effective competition, increased public confidence, and equitable treatment of all persons involved in public procurement.
- Support on-going improvements in public procurement through seminars and technical training.
- Membership in the KPPA is open to public officials representing federal, state, county, or city governments; colleges and universities; school systems; political subdivisions; and other public entities who are full-time employees having purchasing, contracting, or materials management responsibilities.
- There are TWO ways to become a member, both of which can be completed through the
- Register and attend the KPPA Annual Forum and Products Exposition. Membership for the upcoming calendar year is included with your conference registration.
- If you are unable to attend the conference, you can still become a member for the year and enjoy our many benefits by registering on-line and submitting payment for $75.
- KPPA sponsors multiple training opportunities throughout each calendar year, including NIGP classes.
- Seminars are specifically tailored to develop the members’ proficiency in public procurement, contracting and management fields.
- KPPA enhances members’ understanding of the NIGP general body of knowledge needed for internationally recognized professional certifications such as the Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or the management level Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO).
- KPPA offers specific topics to address Kentucky statutes and regulations.
- KPPA seminars provide the necessary credits for NIGP certification and recertification points.
NIGP is a vibrant international association creating a world in which public procurement practitioners are highly regarded members of a respected professional order.
Our mission is to develop, support and promote the public procurement
- Our members
- All public procurement professionals and their contributions to public service
- Ethical behavior
- Customer service
- Diversity and its benefits
- Collaboration and the synergy it provides
- Excellence in leadership
- Business practices that embrace the ideals of sustainability and eco-consciousness
- When your agency joins NIGP, you connect with procurement professionals from other state, local and federal governments, cities, states, provinces, counties, colleges, libraries, hospitals, and public agencies in the U.S., Canada and around the world. Here's a snapshot of the benefits you'll receive.
- NIGP members enjoy exclusive access to public sector-specific procurement resources that
provide immediate benefit and improve day-to-day operating capacity. We offer you the
opportunity to improve skills, formulate new directions and strengthen your career options.
See how NIGP membership can benefit your government entity.
Office of Finance and Operations
Division of Budget and Financial Management
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601