The Grant Management Application and Planning (GMAP) system helps districts to maximize the use of their grant dollars from federal non-competitive programs. This system allows school districts to apply for and manage grant applications. It also provides monitoring, approval, and reporting functionality for KDE staff.
The advantages of GMAP include:
- Collaborative grant planning among the various grant programs in a single system;
- A single point of communication between district personnel and KDE and the districts in the application review, approval and update processes, including a history of the communication;
- Ongoing storage of and access to grant applications by year as well as by versions within each year;
- Tracking of updates to applications by date, time and user;
- Automated workflows so all people responsible for the application are “in the loop”;
- Connection of grant applications to district planning; and
- Integrated libraries containing help and resources related to the grants.