The purpose of technical manuals is to provide detailed information about test development, scaling, scoring, norming, equating, and validity evidence for a specific assessment.
Some of the technical manuals are created for customized Kentucky assessments and others are based on a national sample of students.
Technical manuals are available for the following present and past state mandated assessments upon request. Please email KDE DAC Information
to request a report older than 2017.
- K-PREP 2012 through 2016 Reports
- K-PREP Yearbook 2012 through 2016 Reports
- Linking K-PREP Reading with the Lexile Framework 2012
- Linking K-PREP Mathematics with the Quantile Framework 2012
- Commonwealth Accountability Testing System (CATS) 2011
*Kentucky Performance Rating for Education Progress = K-PREP
Office of Standards, Assessment and Accountability
Division of Accountability Data and Analysis
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-9853 Ext. 4712
Fax (502) 564-7749