KDE's strategic plan is designed to support the future of education in Kentucky through the three big ideas that form the United We Learn VISION:
- Vibrant learning experiences for every student.
- Encouraging innovation, especially around assessment.
- Creating a bold new future for Kentucky's schools through collaboration with our communities.
KDE's MISSION is to create broad partnerships to provide leadership and support so that every student is equipped for the future.
The three big ideas of the United We Learn Vision are put into action every day through our strategic objectives and initiatives, which are broken down into four perspectives.
- Perspectives - a set of performance lenses that enable strategy to be viewed in different ways. They show how our work builds from internal to external.
- Strategic objectives - ongoing activities that further focus the work around the three big ideas of United We Learn. They remain the same over time.
- Initiatives - the specific programs and projects that support our objectives. They can change based on our strategic focus.
- Improve Student Opportunities
- Support District and School Innovation
- Improve Educator Access to High Quality Resources
- Deeper Learning
- Equity Playbook/Dashboard
- Go Teach KY
- High Quality Instructional Resources
- High Quality Professional Learning
- Kentucky Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- Social/Emotional Learning Supports
- Advocate for Equitable Funding
- Strategic Spending Determinations
- Equitable Distribution of Career and Technical Education Funds
- Impactful use of Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Funds
- Engage Stakeholders in Consultation, Collaboration and Co-Creation
- Promote Operational Efficiency and Integrity
- Innovative Communications
The behaviors we embed into our work reflect our CORE VALUES: student success, equity, integrity, collaboration and innovation.