The Kentucky Department of Education collects, through enterprise data systems, student and financial data from K-12 schools and districts across the state. This data is required for federal and state reporting, and funding calculations, and is used for research and analysis to support data-driven decision making.
Open House - Kentucky’s Open House is a one-stop shop for aggregated Kentucky public education data and more including:
- School Report Card Landing Page - school, district and state report cards provide details on demographics, test performance, accountability, teacher qualifications, student safety, parent involvement and much more
- Student/Parent Portal - grades, assignments, attendance announcements, schedules and more
- Research Data - data sets to analyze data at the school, district and state levels
- School Directory - information on schools and districts including location and contact information
- Supplemental Data - data made available after the annual School Report Card release or data not included in the School Report Card
Data Collection and Use - Information about collection and use through enterprise systems of student and financial data from K-12 schools and districts.
Data Governance - KDE uses a robust cross-agency data governance structure to ensure efficient data collection, promote high data quality, guide appropriate data use and support affective data security.
Data Privacy and Security - KDE fills a critical role in developing and communicating best practices that build on the foundation of state and federal privacy laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Data Requests - KDE considers requests from external entities on a case by case basis.
Office of Education Technology
Division of School Data Services
300 Sower Blvd., 4th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-2020 ext. 2208
Fax (502) 564-1519