- Guidance for schools
- Collaborative practices for teams and organizations
- Actions for Individuals
- Greater Good in Education: School Staff Wellbeing - Practices for cultivating the social and emotional well-being of school staff members.
- Medstar Health: Teacher Wellbeing Workbook
- COR Classrooms - The University of Virginia's Center for the Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning developed this suite of online learning modules focused on building positive relationships with students. The COR model addresses the essential pieces of a relationship and how they work together. Understanding this model empowers teachers to pay close attention to the different factors influencing their relationships, which in turn will help them form stronger and more positive connections with students.
Resources for Promoting Equity
Including Voice in Education: Addressing Equity through Student and Family Voice in the Classroom - Guide from Institute of Education Sciences and REL Pacific
The National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) at University of Maryland’s select resources on cultural responsiveness and equity for schools, mental health providers, communities, families, and students.
Greater Good in Education provides:
- Key Readings from Black Educator-Leaders and Other Leaders of Color
- Resources to Support the Mental Health and Well-Being of Black Educators
- Practices for Students and Teachers
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) educator guide for addressing race and trauma in the classroom offers recommendations for creating and supporting safe and brave environments, modeling honesty and authenticity, honoring the impacts of history and systemic racism, and encouraging and empowering students as leaders.
Social, Emotional, and Academic Development Through an Equity Lens provides a framework and action items to address adult beliefs and mindsets as well as school and district policies to build relationships and create equitable learning environments that support positive social and emotional growth.
Committee for Children
GLSEN Educator Resources
Youth Engagement Toolkit
CASEL Tool Supporting Student Members of the SEL Team
Other Free Activity Banks and Evidence-based/informed Curricula
Kernels of Practice for SEL; Low Cost, Low Burden Strategies
Nurturing Gratitude from the Inside Out - 30 activities for grades K-8
Sanford Harmony - A program for Pre-K-6 grade students designed to foster inter-gender communication and understanding, connection, and community both in and outside the classroom and develop boys and girls into compassionate and caring adults.
InspirED - free resources, designed by teens, educators, and SEL experts, empower students to work together to create more positive school climates and foster greater wellbeing in their schools and communities.
Making SEL More Relevant to Teens - offers social and emotional learning activities that are designed to address high school students’ need for status and respect.
Greater Good in Education - free online resource that distills strategies and practices for the social, emotional, and ethical development of students and the adults who work with them, synthesizing the top insights and best practices from science, programs, and practitioners.
The CASEL Guide to School wide SEL Essentials - a printable compilation of key activities and tools that leads school-based teams through a process for systemic SEL implementation. This printable summary offers a compact set of essential tools for use during professional learning or as a quick reference for coaches and SEL team leaders.
Program and Intervention Clearinghouse Sites
Navigate the Complex Field of Social and Emotional Learning - By Harvard University
CASEL Program Guides
What Works Clearinghouse
Youth.com Program Directory
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Model Programs Guide
School Health Assessment and Performance Evaluation System (SHAPE) Resource Center
The Wallace Foundation Knowledge Center: Social and Emotional Learning
Center to Improve Social and Emotional Learning and School Safety