Special Education Reporting Manual
- The Special Education Reporting Manual provides detailed information regarding special education data collection and reporting. This document will provide Directors of Special Education (DoSE) and other district staff with due dates, reports to help review and analyze data, and how to report data.
Goal Monitoring in IC
This webcast highlights the key features of the Goal Monitoring tool found in IC and can be used as a training tool to support school districts in setting up and monitoring Individual Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives. The
Method of Measurement and Type of Data recording in IC document captures the connection between the type of data (used in IC) and the method of measurement (used in IEPs).
- Progress Monitoring- Driving Results and Staying Compliant - This video was developed to support districts in understanding the connection between progress monitoring and driving student results. The video first covers the process of the Admissions and Release Committee (ARC) team creating a well-developed and appropriately ambitious IEP. Then, the progress monitoring cycle is discussed along with support for identifying an adaptation to specially designed instruction (SDI) and when an ARC meeting should occur to change the SDI. Finally, the importance of using graphs and aim lines to monitor and report progress is discussed.
Special Education Document Data StandardsThe Special Education Data Standards provide guidelines for entering data into IC. Data standardization is important to ensure consistency across the Commonwealth.
- Processes - Data Standard for IC Processes in Special Education
- Preschool - Data Standard Processes for IC Processes in Preschool
- KY Conference Summary - This is now a stand-alone document to capture the meeting proceedings of each ARC and is used in conjunction with other documents as needed.
- KY Referral - This document is used to capture information about a child suspected of having a disability to determine if there is a need to evaluate for special education services.
- KY Consent for Evaluation - This document is used to develop a proposed evaluation plan and obtain informed consent from parents prior to administering individual evaluation procedures.
- KY Evaluation/Eligibility Determination - This document includes all information about the child used in the evaluation and eligibility determination process and if found eligible, obtains informed consent from parents prior to providing special education and related services.
- KY IEP - This document is used to specify an eligible child’s IEP.
- Private School Service Plan - This document is used to specify the services the school district will provide to an eligible child who will remain in a private elementary or secondary school.
Infinite Campus Special Education Training Tools
- Compliance Record Review - This document is used to assist school districts in completing a compliance review of student due process records. This document captures data for Annual Performance Report (APR) Indicators 11 and 13. It is also used by district personnel for program evaluation purposes. The KDE uses this document for compliance monitoring.