The KY Innovative Learning Network (KY ILN) is a partnership between local school districts and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE), providing a shared professional learning space for education leaders dedicated to creating vibrant learning experiences, accelerating innovation, and building a bold new future with communities.
Kentucky districts with a true commitment to implementing educational
initiatives such as personalized learning, and who are interested in furthering
their conversations with a cohort of committed peers, are welcome to join the
ILN by filling out an ILN Letter of Commitment. Directions for returning the LOC are at the bottom of the document.
What are the benefits of joining the KY ILN?
Ongoing opportunities to network with other Kentucky districts, as well as schools and organizations outside of the state, to share bold, forward-thinking, innovative strategies and practices.
- Access to competitive grant funding for travel to model sites and innovative partnerships
- Platform to showcase educational innovation happening in Kentucky schools through study tours and district spotlights
- Partnerships with national thought-leaders, vendors, and resources
- Ongoing technical assistance support, and continued coordination from KDE and its partners
- Opportunities for intentional collaboration with fellow KY ILN districts to support initiatives and innovative practices
- Opportunities to pilot KDE's newest initiatives to advance education
What are the expectations for members?
Participating districts indicate a commitment to the work of the KY ILN which can be demonstrated through:
- Consistent attendance and active engagement of district representative(s) during virtual and in-person convenings
- Participation in KY ILN initiatives of interest to the district as opportunities arise; this may include pilot programs, educational research efforts, work groups, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to KDE staff to improve the KY ILN experience; ensuring relevance and quality of member experience
- Submit an annual Letter of Commitment (LoC) to maintain membership and eligibility for competitive grants
- Willingness to serve as a thought partner and resource to share learning with other district leaders
What are some current projects and initiatives in which KY ILN districts are involved?
Local Laboratories of Learning: Inclusive coalitions designing solutions to local assessment & accountability challenges
Project-Based Learning: Trailblazer cohort first to scale statewide gold-standard project-based learning effort through a partnership with PBLWorks
Student Microcredentials: Pilot of math badging framework in Algebra I to reimagine credentialing of learning with the Kentucky Center for Mathematics and XQ Institute.
Deeper Learning Grant: Supporting Kentucky’s regional educational cooperatives and participating districts
Districts interested in establishing a collaborative partnership with KDE and other districts through a membership should email Robert.Collins@education.ky.gov.
A district leader will need to serve as an ILN point of contact. Based on previous participation in innovative initiatives or expressed interest, all districts interested in joining the KY ILN must submit a Letter of Commitment for the academic year. By submitting this document to KDE, districts commit to participation in the network upon approval.
information about the KY ILN, including resources, is available on the KY Innovative Learning Network SharePoint site.
(Microsoft login credentials required).
More information about the KY ILN Teacher Cohort, is available on the KY ILN Teacher Cohort website.
Office of Continuous Improvement and Support
Division of Innovation
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax (502) 564-8149