The Kentucky Innovative Learning Network (KY ILN) Innovative Teacher Cohort
The Kentucky Innovative Learning Network (KY ILN) is pleased to announce the selection of 11 Kentucky educators for its 2022-2023 Innovative Teacher Cohort. This opportunity will provide professional learning, teacher leadership opportunities, and innovative project development and implementation to directly impact the learning experiences of Kentucky students.
Innovative Teacher Cohort Members
- Kalli Colley, South Marshall Middle School, Marshall County
- Jeremy Hall, John Hardin High School, Hardin County
- María Belén Morera de Paz, Edythe Jones Hayes Middle School, Fayette County
- Amy Newsome, Paintsville High School, Paintsville Independent
- Bryan Quillen , Fairdale High School, Jefferson County
- Meagan Ralph, South Marshall Middle School, Marshall County
- Melanie Ramey, Paintsville Elementary School, Paintsville Independent
- Morgan Seely, Painted Stone Elementary, Shelby County
- Tina Sharp, North Jackson Elementary, Barren County
- Molly Turner, Auburn School, Logan County
- Kathleen Walkovic, Luhr Elementary, Jefferson County
Teachers in this pilot cohort will craft innovative experiences that connect to the Three Big Ideas of the United We Learn vision. The teachers’ projects will work to provide vibrant learning experiences, will innovate in the classroom, especially as it relates to assessment, and will create community engagement and partnerships to further student learning.
The application process was open to the KY ILN’s 43 member districts, and these 11 teachers were chosen among many excellent candidates. These teachers span the Commonwealth and a variety of contexts, subject areas, experience, and more. We are thrilled to see them advance innovation in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and directly impact student learning!
Office of Continuous Improvement and Support
Division of Innovation
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax (502) 564-8149