A local Certified Evaluation Plan (CEP) outlines procedures and contains forms needed to evaluate certified personnel below the level of superintendent in Kentucky public schools. A local CEP is developed by an evaluation committee (also known as a 50/50 committee) to meet all the requirements of the Kentucky Framework for Personnel Evaluation (704 KAR 3:370). An evaluation committee is responsible for developing a CEP that clearly defines the processes and procedures to evaluate all certified personnel below the level of superintendent. The 50/50 committee develops and submits the plan to the local board of education for approval as well as to the KDE for final approval prior to implementation (KRS 156:557, 704 KAR 3:370).
2019-20 CEP guidance
With no changes to the Framework for Personnel Evaluation (704 KAR 3:370), no changes are required to certified evaluation plans(CEP) for the 2019-20 school year. However, districts are encouraged to convene the 50/50 committee to review and discuss the currently approved plan for any potential changes that may need to be addressed.
Districts are only required to submit a plan for review by the department if:
- Substantive changes are made to the approved 2018-19 CEP
- Procedural changes are made (i.e. addition or removal of sources of evidence, number of observations, decision rules, etc.)
- The district does not have a 2018-19 plan approved by KDE
If no changes are made to the CEP, please refer to your local district polices for local board approval requirements.
CEP submission criteria:
- Prior to submission, gain local school board approval for the district CEP.
- Attach the assurances document, signed and dated by the board chair and superintendent.
- Unlock the Word or pdf document so that comments may be added during the review process.
- Highlight all changes from the 2018-19 CEP.
- Submit the plan to email@example.com.
Support for District Evaluation (50/50) Committees
4-part Webcast Series
Certified Personnel Evaluation Update (
Measures, Performance Criteria and Evidences ( October 27)
Getting Beyond Compliance ( November 17)
Personnel Evaluation, Part 4 ( December 15)
Resources for Superintendent Certified Evaluation
ISSLC/PSEL/Ky Principal Standards Crosswalk (District Certified Personnel)
Superintendent Leadership Plan
Submit Superintendent Certified Evaluation Plan
Office of Teaching and Learning
Division of Next Generation Professionals
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax (502) 564-4007